The decision to choose the right wireless technology in industrial facilities should be a strategic choice. With the right choice, you can improve safety, ensure compliance and optimize your plant.
Check out the questions to consider making this decision easily:
Are you prepared for the wireless technology?
- Could you equip field workers with wireless handheld devices for server interactivity and access to data?
- Are you planning to manage single or multiple wireless security system?
- How many devices do you expect the wireless network to handle at present and in the future?
- How many applications will require the wireless data?
Imagine the Potential
The latest wireless technologies are known for ultra-fast speeds and minimal to zero latency. Furthermore, it goes well in terms of data streaming from a device to enabling industrial IoT networks to implement a high density of connected devices.
Considering all that, it’s no wonder so many industrial customers are looking towards Wi-Fi 6 and/or 5G. Companies are rapidly adopting wireless technologies for basic monitoring to data acquisition and supervisory control. Also, in comparison with conventional cable-based circuits, the latest generation of wireless technology provides better flexibility, cost savings, and easy installation.
Furthermore, the possibilities of the next-generation wireless technology are endless. Imagine lower installation costs and real-time data! In addition, expect a reliable and secure network that fits multiple wireless-enabled applications that:
- Keep people and the environment safe: A real-time location system to ensure safe operations, and safety shower monitoring. In addition, you enjoy benefits like emergency-responsive infrastructure, and wireless leak detection.
- Improve the reliability of plant: Continuous wireless monitoring of field equipment, equipment health management visualization, automated field operator, etc.
- Efficient employees and processes: Input/output sensors for real measurements monitoring and continuous wireless corrosion detection. Further, it helps with upgrading tank instrumentation.
- Comply with environmental and industrial standards: Emissions monitoring, leak detection as well as repair support.
Security is paramount to protect your infrastructure against malicious, your intellectual property, and your people.
- What security level do you need?
- Do you need a single or multiple security systems?
In addition, these security considerations are important for a strategic deployment of the wireless network within your industrial facility. Moreover, this gives you the opportunity to use the wireless technology safely, today and in the future. Fortunately, you can achieve openness and security with 5G.
Consider your needs in terms of the network spectrum.
- Where will you implement the solution?
- What are the associated regulations in your country?
- Does the technology need any particular procedures that fail to meet with unlicensed spectrum?
- Would you need to pay for private spectrum?
- Can you leverage the spectrum and services provided by a mobile carrier?
In addition, there are many other aspects you must consider before deploying the industrial wireless technology within your facility. So, when you consider all aspects discussed above, you can make a strategically informed decision for your infrastructure.
Hopefully, you are now able to choose an efficient and reliable wireless technology for your infrastructure.